Is there any way I can reduce my taxes?

There are a number of exemptions available to qualifying taxpayers.

The County Auditor can provide you with information and assist you in determining whether or not you qualify. By visiting the Auditor's Office page you can find more information concerning exemptions, or call them at 812-254-8662.

Another way to reduce your taxes is to ensure the assessed value of your property is correct. To learn about assessment and appeal procedures, visit the Assessor's Office page or call 812-254-8660.

Show All Answers

1. Can I make a partial payment?
2. I need to change my mailing address. How do I do this?
3. Why didn't I get notified that my taxes were delinquent?
4. Do you accept postmarks?
5. Do I have all the exemptions I qualify for?
6. How do I verify that you have received my payment?
7. Why does the previous owner's name show up on my bill?
8. How do I get a receipt for my tax payment?
9. Will I receive a statement for my fall installment of taxes?
10. Is there any way I can reduce my taxes?
11. How do I pay my tax bill?
12. I never received my tax bill. What should I do?
13. What needs to be done to obtain a mobile home title transfer or moving permit?
14. Does the Treasurer's Office have anything to do with determining how much tax I owe?